Friday, April 4, 2014

The best baby boy there ever was.

On this day six years ago, I gave birth to the best baby boy ever. I can't even say it's just me being partial, it's totally true.

When I found out I was pregnant with Jackson, it was a really bad point in my life. I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to be a mother to two kids and I was pretty scared. I was also terrified I would have post partum depression like I did with Olivia. But the moment he was born and I had him in my arms, I just knew this would be different.
He was the sweetest little baby right from the start. Olivia was so pretty, but Jackson was just sweet. I knew from the first moment I saw him that he would be this gentle and kind little guy. He hardly cried at all, so much so that he needed oxygen to open those little lungs up.
And he totally loved my mother right from the word go. He would just stare at her and you could tell he was just taking it all in.
He snuggled perfectly in the crook of Matt's arm.
 Even his sister thought he was alright. She was the BEST big sister. She was so gentle with him and very concerned about making sure he had baby toys and stuffed animals.
 If you ever meet Jackson, you'll take note of his absolutely hysterical personality. I cannot get enough of this kid. My mom says he should be on TV and he really is the one person that can make me laugh each and every day.
 He used to crawl around (and walk around in the beginning) with socks in his mouth so I used to refer to him as our puppy.
Even as a little baby, he would do something he shouldn't and give you this grin that makes it known he knows he's cute and you can't help but smile and bite his little cheeks.
But he really is such a kind little boy. He has such a big heart and if you need a hug, Jackson is the guy you want.
Happy birthday, sweet boy. You're my favorite boy in the whole world. I wish you would stay little a little longer. You keep saying I can bite your toes for as long as I want and I can snuggle anytime I want, but someday you won't need my night time snuggles. I hope you keep your kind spirit and big heart. I hope you never lose your sense of humor and your happy personality. I sometimes wonder how my heart never explodes with love. I'm so lucky to have two really awesome kids. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them. It certainly wouldn't be as lively as it is. It's so bittersweet to watch my last baby grow up. I feel like I'm taking this in so much more than I did with Olivia. Maybe because I knew she wasn't my baby? Maybe it was just the fact I was so depressed and stressed out. Either way, I'm so glad I had Jackson so I could experience all of those beginning milestones with an open heart and an unclouded mind. It's been the best years of my life being their mom. 

4 comments:

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Aws happy birthday to your little man! He looks like such a character!

Krysten Gautreaux said...

I saw pics on FB of the party, it looks like you did an AMAZING job. He's a lucky little boy.

Happy birthday Jackson!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday to the little guy!

Kattrina said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a cutie! I can't believe he's six. Is that even possible?