Thursday, May 22, 2014

MK Glam, Mary Kay Voxbox!

Easily, the best Voxbox I have gotten to date!

Here's a peek at all of the goodies I received-
And for those who have no idea what you're looking at, here's a detailed list: 

I'll be honest, there is a real learning curve to gel eyeliner. I'm not very good at putting makeup on as it is, but I do like how the eyeliner looks once it's on. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the lip gloss and that was because the Mango Tango color is really orange. So in the picture I had put on a bright red lipstick and then put the Mango Tango lip gloss on over it and you can see how much it settled the red down. Overall though? Really good quality lip gloss. 

Absolutely loved the cream eye color! I already have a Mary Kay Wish List started and I have a few more colors added. I didn't feel like the mineral cheek color added any color to my face, and my brush was loaded with color and yeah- you can't really tell at all. Also weird is that the cheek color comes in a small rectangle container, so your brush doesn't really get color all over, just half of it, if that makes any sense. Bottom line, it should be a round container so it's easier to get onto your brush. 

The mascara was also good. I did find that you need very little on your lashes otherwise this particular mascara will clump on you and make your eyelashes feel heavy. Huge fan of the translucent face powder as well. Admittedly, I haven't used the bronzer only because I am really pale and bronzer always tends to make me look like I have a weird skin condition. 

The cool thing about Mary Kay is they now have an eCatalog that you can use on your phone or tablet and create your own wish list, order, and look through the different products they offer. Overall? I was pretty impressed with everything I received. They were all things I would definitely buy again in the future and I would be interested in other Mary Kay products. I typically have really sensitive skin that will dry out easily and none of these products gave me any issues, which was really nice. If you are in the market for new makeup, definitely give Mary Kay a try because it's a huge improvement to what they offered ever five years ago. 

*I received these items compliments of Influenster for testing purposes.*

2 comments:

middle child said...

Ok. I don't know if you normally wear make-up but you truly look fantastic! The one product from the olden days that I remember was their moisturiser. I don't remember if it was for face or body but it worked wonders. Looking good girlfriend!

Danielle DeGroft said...

Great review! I am actually a Mary Kay consultant (because I was surprised at how much I loved the products). The Mary Kay CC cream is one my favorites and might be worth adding to your wishlist - it is SPF, moisturizer and light concealer all in one. PERFECT for Summer or for those of us that don't wear much makeup in general. :) Where are you located? Danielle430@marykay.com www.marykay.com/Danielle430