You guys, today? Today is kind of a big deal. It's a milestone that for awhile there, I didn't think we were going to get to but by god, we did.
As of 2 p.m. this afternoon, we will officially have been married for a whole ten years.
Here are some fun things we've dealt with in our first ten years of marriage:
- Buying our first house! Man, it was a total dump when we bought it but we were really sad to leave it.
- Despite the fact we tackled a lot of home improvement projects from hell.
- We had a baby! Baby Olivia gave us our first really tough year. Who knew babies were so stressful?
- I had post-partum depression and it was awful. Matt was really great and honestly, without him I maybe wouldn't have made it.
- He lost his job, we struggle with depression, we have marital issues, we enter marriage counseling. And cry a whole bunch.
- We're super broke but having another baby!
- We have Baby Jackson and all feels right in the world. He's even cute so that's an added bonus.
- No choice but bankruptcy. Dark year in the Strand house.
- We have pets that are all mentally deficient. Matt volunteers to assist our poor cat in heat. Does not hit her g-spot and it became a really awful few months with lots of cat moaning.
- Matt gets fabulous new job. We hardly see him, but he loves it and that's worth the world.
- I quit my job. Last two weeks as a stay at home mom and get new job.
- Kids start school, we are grossly overwhelmed.
- Matt and I learn how to give enemas and do poop flush outs. We're slightly ashamed this is what our lives have come to. These are our glory years.
- We take many family trips, two which include airlines. I hope the kids don't remember them as traumatic experiences like I do.
- We decided to move. It was scary.
- But then we moved and it was awesome!
- Then Sara commits Matt to being a dog owner. He reluctantly agrees and as it turns out, Twinky prefers Matt to any of us. Matt hates this, yet reluctantly and begrudgingly walks the damn dog every night no matter the weather.
- We suffer the loss of baby #3. But Matt's still awesome and great.