Saturday, July 19, 2014

Revealing Us

Let's get the weekend started! Are you reading Lisa Renee Jone's Inside Out series with me? If not, you should be. Woo.

Revealing Us (#3) - Lisa Renee Jones
Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3)
The third installment in the sexy Inside Out erotic romance series—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?


OK, so this one was better than book two. Sara and Chris have gone to Paris where Chris says that's where she will find out his dark secrets. And, I'm going to be honest here, when I found out what his secret was? Total let down. I mean, I expected it to be super awful and traumatic and what it is turns out to be a really tragic accident and ridiculous guilt he places on himself. Seriously. For having two books to build up his "demons", I really expected a lot more. But, nonetheless, at least we have that figured out. I don't think that's it (or at least I hope not), though. 

I will say, Sara is starting to get on my nerves. For as many times as she says she's not going to leave and she can handle whatever he has to reveal to her, she does a fantastically terrible job at not running at every chance. She can't follow directions and I think her life would be a lot easier if she just could do what she's told and stop acting like an asshole all of the time. So overall, this book has made me not like Sara at all. She really needs to pull her shit together in book four to redeem herself. 

Probably the best part of the book was that we find out, a little, what is going on with Ella. The epilogue has set us up for book four. Also what's weird that I don't know if many readers picked up on, but there's a line where it's acknowledged that Rebecca's body was never found. So... what? That story line isn't done?  Is it possible she's not really dead and Ava is just a crazy loon? What in the hell is evening happening here? I'm left feeling confused, but optimistic. I'm going to keep going because you know how I am with a series, once I start, I shall keep going out of principle and all of that. I can't be a quitter. But damn, I really want Sara to come around and stop being an insecure jerk and just trust Chris for once. Like, he had a life before her, obviously he wasn't celibate. Calm down, crazy pants. 

No comments: