You guys, the amount of exhaustion I feel is unreal. Like, I don't know that I have ever been this ridiculously tired ever. I think all of the stress from the last two weeks has finally caught up with me and like an true depressed person, the best way to handle problems is to sleep.
Until you wake up and realize oh hey- those problems didn't go away and you're still tired! And now you have more to do! Awesome!
So here is a wrap up of things:
1. I am planning a ridiculously gorgeous baby shower for my brother and sister in law. I have now resorted to carrying a notebook with me at all times and having one by my bed because I have been coming up with super awesome ideas at totally inconvenient times. They are having a girl, it's a garden theme party, and I rented a mansion. No, I'm not kidding. It's going to be amazing. BUT, it is only a few weeks away (like 6ish I think) and for most people, that's loads of time. For me? No. Because I a list making, party dominant person. The next few weekends is practicing a couple of dessert recipes I found just to be sure. I'm on the fence of, do I save money and make the cupcakes myself OR do I save time and order them from the person who did my wedding cake who is awesome? I don't know. It's so hard. And stressful. I can't even stress how stressful I make this on myself. But it might be my best shower yet? I know. I have pictures of things I so badly want to show off that I've made, but I can't because I want it to be a surprise for my brother and sister in law. No teasers. Lame, sorry.
2. I'm just going to go full steam ahead with school. I'm terrified, to be honest. When I saw how much tuition was for one semester? Well, let's just say I maybe wee'd my pants a bit. Hello, student loans. But I took just enough to cover my tuition, which means books are on me. Which, scary? Yes. I have to take an online gym class (no, I'm not even kidding you guys) and there is a $125 book with access code with it. No, I can't even make this up because it's that absurd. Ugh. So I purchased five of the nine books I need (one class alone has five books. Again, absurd.) to the tune of $40.88. Yes, you read that right. High five your lambwhore leader for being frugal! Now let's hope they all come and are in usable condition! Because yes, as a college bookstore employee I have heard every horror story there is about buying used books online, I hope I am not that student. *cross fingers AND toes*
3. We ripped up the carpet in the living room as well. That flooring needs a little more love than the dining room, but it will have to all wait until next summer where hopefully, we can sand everything and restain it. I'm kind of in love with the darker color opposed to a lighter color. Matt prefers the lighter color and I'm convinced it's because it's less work. You'd think after 12 years he'd know when to not fight me on something. His life would be so much easier.
4. Monday I start my new second job. I'll still be at the college bookstore, although I have no idea how my hours there are going to shake out and I'm hoping for the best on that front. But my second job is a new convenience store that is opening up a ton of stores in my area. I have three weeks of what seems like fairly intense training, then we do "live store" training, and then I think we go into a store. The positive there is that by the time I end up in a store I'll feel like an expert. So that's kind of nice. The downside means I will be working 60 hour weeks for the next three weeks. The crap thing is that the last three days of this training overlaps with the kids' starting school so those last three days are going to be really brutal. I also don't really know what my schedule will be beyond that so I'm hoping for the best.
5. Combine this with having to get PTO stuff in order for the upcoming year. Admittedly, I got a lot done this summer so I'm thrilled with that. I have our first meeting notice to copy, a bulletin board to decorate, and then get my wits about me. Yikes.
6. I need to sign Olivia up for dance yet. I'm such a fail. I hope I can get it together and do it tomorrow night and say it's done.
7. I have SO MANY awesome reviews coming.I have been getting a lot of my September books in the mail and they are all pretty so I'm hoping they are all equally good. I have two books to finish this week, so we'll see what I get done.
So that's the snapshot of my life right now. I feel a little more emotionally upbeat than past weeks but I'm not all of the way yet. I'll get there. I'm so up and down and it's kind of hard to live like that, you know? I can see why people just lose hope and say screw it. It's probably a good thing I'm so damn stubborn.
And because I can't get enough of this video? You can enjoy it, too.