Monday, September 1, 2014

Freshie Freshman.

You guys. I don't know if you have had your calendar marked like I have, but tomorrow? Yeah, tomorrow I am a freshman in college.

Let us all just let that sink in right now.

You probably aren't freaking out to the point that I am right now, but you're probably thinking I'm a freaking insane person with way too much on her plate. And you would be absolutely right. I have way too much on my plate. I have even bigger things to share in another few weeks, once I get things rolling, and then you're really going to think I've lost all of my marbles.

But can we get real? Because I am terrified. The nice thing with being a distance learner is that I could preview my classes and print out any material I needed to all last week. Which was great because I went and got myself a new planner and wrote down when every single reading and assignment was due, all color coded by class, of course.

I read the first chapter in some books already, did some worksheets. I'm trying so hard to be on top of things. But seeing what is going to be due this semester even I am wondering how I'm going to do full semester load, plus two jobs, plus PTO, plus my kids. Plus my other thing I'm not quite done with in order to share. So we'll see.

What is exciting is the atmosphere of school. Since I work in a college, I get to experience that every day and I absolutely love it. It's really great. I love move in weekend, I love first weeks of classes where everyone is all excited and petrified at the same time, and I love the college spirit. Always have, probably always will. But this is the first time I get to be in it. Sure, I went to college right out of high school and got my two year degree, but I was in and out. Back when I went, there weren't any clubs/organizations you could join, and being a technical college, there wasn't really a college atmosphere? No fun stuff to partake in, no rallies, no school spirit, it was come and get your work done and go to your job or other life. And that's what I did.

So I'm hoping this is different. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

Kim Topolewski said...

You go get em girl. I love learning and I really miss being in the school environment. Sometimes I think I want to go back for my MBA, but then I look at my student loan bills and I vomit a little bit.
I have faith in you, for what it's worth!

<3
kimberrleigh

Julie H said...

I don't know how you do so much without breaking down. Just my kids doing like one activy, me working part time and that's enough for me!