Friday, October 24, 2014

It's been so long since I blog randomness. Let's do it today.

Seriously, when was the last time I gave you a totally random post of random things bouncing in my head? It's been awhile. Sorry, lambs.

1. I'm going to just come and say I think Iggy Azalea sucks. She sucks, and we need to stop fawning over her. Let her go into obscurity now and save our ears. First of all, anyone who injects god knows what into their butt to gain popularity is an idiot and I can't take you seriously. Never mind that I don't understand how the size of your butt equates to your level of street cred, you'd think I'd have a massive following at this point, but I don't. But let's talk about her most recent song, "Black Widow". Can we talk about how terrible it is? With lyrics like, "I'm going to love you until it hurts", or referencing that the guy should stick with her because she's apparently really great at oral sex?

No, parents. No. I think it's time we teach girls and women that your worth doesn't come from your sexual ability or your body. And it's not OK to love someone until it hurts. You shouldn't essentially have to beg a guy to stay. It's not OK to act like a totally crazy lunatic in the name of love. Have some self respect. It's hard to take any woman, who claims to be this bad ass rapper, seriously when basically it comes down to threatening a guy to stay with you . It's kind of sad and pathetic.

2. Guess who wore her black slacks completely backwards the entire day at work? Yesterday, I did just that. I didn't realize it until I went to take my shower and I realized, "Hey- I didn't know I had front pockets!" and then it was pretty clear that those weren't front pockets. In fact, those were non-functioning back pockets, cleverly located in the front because I cannot dress myself. Probably should also mention my underwear was inside out as well. Frankly, I don't know how I'm allowed to supervise children and leave the house at this point.

3. Speaking of mommy brain? Last week I went to take chicken out of the freezer to thaw. I did not do that. Instead, I put a plate in the freezer. Found it two days later. Matt is scared because not only is this not like me at all, but I was never like this with my other pregnancies. So maybe it's not pregnancy related at all and really, I'm dealing with early onset dementia. Who even knows at this point.

4. I'm going shopping this weekend with a friend and maybe even my new sister in law. That's going to be fun. I'm hoping a day of walking around, getting fresh air, and doing something will help me not feel so awful.

5. Because oh yes, I have a really awful head cold. I feel like my entire face is going to explode and that's a really uncomfortable sensation.

6. I have a bunch of book reviews to wrap up soon. You might get bombarded with them. BUT, that just means you'll get a head start on Christmas shopping, right? Of course that's a yes because you should be gifting people books. Books are the best.

7. Oh guess what else I'm doing this weekend? Tomorrow I am going to this Birth & Baby Fair thing in Duluth. It's going to have a ton of vendors about babies and giving birth and all of that, and then there are workshops you can go to for free. I'm going to one called "How to have a natural childbirth in the hospital locally". I have to bring the kids with me, so this might freak them out, but I'm genuinely interested. I'd really like to try to go all natural this time, but that is terrifying because I know what I'm in for. I never made it past dilating to 5 with either kid before screaming for an epidural, but we'll see. And maybe I won't make it, but I'd like to know my options before I get there!

OK, so that's a good wrap up. Even though I'm ending it with an odd number and that's upsetting, I'm also tired, and that will trump everything.

No comments: