Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Musings

I'm going to try really hard to get myself back on track for blogging. I feel like if I could just get myself back onto a schedule, I'll be ready to go. So here are some things I'm thinking about:

Everything Baby! I am really getting excited about Penelope's arrival. Is it weird I'm even excited about being in labor? And delivering? I feel like this time around I'm so much more prepared and knowledgeable what I'm in for so I'm excited. A little scared about pain, but I feel like that's reasonable, But I'm so excited to meet Penelope. I want to know what she looks like and just snuggle her up.

Crafting. I'm seriously considering making things for my Etsy shop again. I kind of left it hanging, I got into a crafting rut, but I'm getting the itch again.

Work from home. I'm trying to figure out what I can do from home to generate income. I'm not looking for a ton of income, I just feel like I'd feel better if I was able to bring something in once Penelope is born. Ideally, I'd like to go back to work in the fall. I don't know if I can and find a reasonable day care. I thought about maybe watching other kids while I watched her, but I think maybe that would be too stressful for me? I don't know yet.

Learning. I really want to learn how to use Photoshop and learn HTML. There are so many cute blog things out there I'd like to try, but because I have zero skills in either of these things, I feel frustrated any time I try to tinker with it on my own. So I'm keeping my eye open for a continuing education class for one or both of them.

Shower! I have my baby shower this week and I am SO excited. Like ridiculously excited. I get to see a bunch of friends, family, and open cute baby things. And then I get to organize it all! The kids are very excited to come and are debating their outfits already. Which is adorable. But I am so excited. Who doesn't love a fun party?!

I'm feeling pretty good about life in general. I am worried I'll have to deal with post-partum depression when Penelope is born, but I'm hoping just doing my best and resting as much as I can will be helpful.

1 comment:

thotlady said...

Sounds like things are running smoothly.