Thursday, June 4, 2015

Jumping Jiggler

So as of this week, I have a FIVE week old baby. I mean, how did that even happen? It sometimes feels as if I've had her forever, but then other days if feels like I just had her and I'm still falling apart.

I had a self imposed deadline of laziness of June 1 in my head for most of my pregnancy, which was when I was going to get back into some kind of exercise routine. I gained more weight in this pregnancy (not a ton more) than I did in my other two and I definitely don't feel good about how I look.

Yes, I KNOW I JUST HAD A BABY. I know that your body changes, this is normal, and that growing a human is a miracle and the journey my body was on is wonderful and beautiful.

I get all of that. I do.

But I feel like a deflated whale and the flaps of skin all over the place do not make me feel good. I certainly don't feel sexy, though there's not a chance in hell I'm having sex anytime soon so it doesn't matter.

So my thought is that if I did something maybe my head would come around and feel alright about how I look. Like maybe I can work a little psychological warfare on myself.

The bonus is my friend Amy is now a BeachBody coach, and while I can't really afford anything from that, she is on board to lose weight with me, so we're holding each other accountable. She gave me her Turbo Fire set since she has access to it on her iPad, and I dutifully started on June 1.
I went to the bathroom before. I put an overnight sized pad in my underwear, assuming my discharge would be mighty.

As it turns out, none of this mattered. Because when you are five weeks post-partum, and you didn't have super awesome bladder control before the third baby anyways, any kind of pad is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Quite frankly, I was ill prepared for the amount of fluids that were going to come out and you cannot do a workout well when you are feeling fluids flow freely from your body.

Not to mention, even the very first work out and the "new to class" feature is HARD. Like super hard. The instructor is kind of a bitch and I don't like her. I'd rather have Jillian Michaels than this lady. This lady doesn't explain things well at all. Even when she "breaks it down", it's so fast I can't keep up. I was doing a lot or random punching and certainly not even close to what I'm supposed to be doing. I will say though, having the countdown to how much longer the workout is in the corner of your screen is really nice.

So I'm doing this. I don't know if I can do it every day because legitimately, I was concerned my uterus was going to fall out. I had a lot of pain in my midsection. I think I'm not quite physically ready to be doing a hard core exercise routine, so I'm going to dial down to every other day and maybe not be so aggressive trying to mimic the gals on the screen.

I'm also hoping the weather gets nicer soon so I can walk every day. Walking with a freezing breeze right off the lake really blows ass. HA! Get it? It blows. Sorry, this is what happens when I have little to no adult interaction all day.

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I am loving blogilates lately, I prefer pep to yelling, so you might want to check that out and it's all free on youtube :) of course, don't push yourself too hard, you don't want to hurt yourself!

The Flynnigans said...

Lol! ^What Zoe said sounds good?

Girl take is EASY, yo. You seriously can't have any reproductive organs falling out of yo'self. But good for you. Just don't kill yourself woman!!

Xoxo