Some of my long time followers remember when I used to comment on stories in the news and give my own little take. I haven't done that in awhile, but there's enough in the news as of late that I thought, what the hell.
1. Target gets rid of gender label toys. Am I the only one at home wondering WHO CARES? I can't be. I refuse to believe I am. I am all for letting kids play with whatever. If you are a boy and you want to play dolls, kitchen, and Barbie? Go for it. Props if you can get Barbie's pants on, as well. I am 33 and a veteran Barbie fan and even my Barbie goes pantless because it's just easier. Just like in real life. Are you a girl and want to play with cars and guns? I can support little girls shooting their annoying brothers with Nerf guns. Especially ones that shoot those discs because they leave a great mark if you are at close range.
But does gender labeling really prevent a kid from picking out a toy? I don't think so. I know for a fact my son will happily go down the Barbie aisle and pick out the doll he wants because he doesn't like the choices his sister gives him at home. Olivia has picked out her own Nerf gun. They both play Lego's no matter if it's a "girl" set or a "boy" set. You know why? Because kids don't give a shit.
Adults give a shit. But adults are dumb as hell and are bigger babies than actual babies.
2. Kylie Jenner is 18. First off, who wants to bet Kylie Jenner has a sex tape? I think we can all agree she does. As much as I can't stand the Kardashians, I almost feel sorry for Kylie. It's clear she never had a chance- do you remember the episode where she's like 10 and playing on a stripper pole at home? I mean, come on. But for her birthday, her icky looking "boyfriend" Tyga gave her basically a hand me down SUV that his ex, Blac Chyna had. He painted it but still, loser. Ladies, if your guy gives you a hand me down from a previous ex? He is a loser. Now it's out that he actually gave her a Ferrarri. I don't know much about Tyga, but he isn't that famous, he can't afford that car. Come on, now.
3. Skin tone emoji: This is a real thing. I only know this because for the first time in months, I used an emoji and it wanted me to pick my skin tone. First up, is the yellow supposed to be... Hispanic? or jaundice? Can I just say it's a real sad state that it's come to having multi color emoji's so people aren't offended. Is your life that boring that you have to be upset about not being able to identify with an emoji?
4. Tinder is all cranky because someone was mean. Basically there was an article in Vanity Affair about the Tinder app essentially ruining dating and encouraging the one night stand/casual hook up epidemic. (Which, side note: I personally think is gross. It boggles my mind how people give zero fucks about their personal health anymore. They demand to eat GMO free food and chickens who weren't slaughtered brutally but it's totally fine to have sex willy nilly and not at all worry about the health consequences of that. Yup- makes total sense.) Tinder got kind of bitchy about it and basically say people use their app to "communicate". They make it sound like it's Facebook with total strangers and you just want to say hi and maybe join a book club. Um, no. Pretty much everyone on the planet knows Tinder is for casual hookup's in your neighborhood. Now they just look completely stupid rather than just owning it.
5. Trump. I couldn't even pick a story to link to because it's all ridiculous. Why is he even popular? From the few friends I know who are pro-Trump, they like his "ideas" and how he gives zero fucks. Now, you may not like Obama (I do) but you have to admit, he's always been classy, well articulated, and respectful even when he is rarely treated the same. I think it also should be mentioned that you can have all of the greatest ideas in the world but if you have no support in Congress, nothing will happen because Congress is a bunch of whining toddlers arguing over the same dump truck in the sandbox. I've seen more cooperation from a class of Kindergarten children and that's really saying something. I don't want a President with zero political experience and who learned how a bill becomes a law by listening to School House Rock, and who sounds like a drunken frat brother just saying completely disrespectful things. Can you imagine if he mouthed off to a leader of North Korea? They would completely bomb us or something.And it's hard to take anyone seriously who wears the remnants of a road kill fox on their head.