Thursday, August 6, 2015

Penelope: 3 months.

I can't even believe we're already done with the newborn stage and officially onto the infant stage. On one hand, YAY! It's exciting to see her learn new things and to reach new milestones. On the other, I'm a little bummed out because it just makes it more clear that it really does fly by. It feels like the blink of an eye and it's gone.

*sigh*

The photo shoot for 3 months wasn't as successful as the last two, but then in hindsight, it's kind of how it goes with a 3 month old, right?
 Penelope is really pretty vocal for a baby, I think. She babbles, coos, laughs and makes some pretty great noises. Not always just out of her mouth, either.
 Everything is absolutely hilarious to her.
 She talks to me about everything. After naps she is extra vocal, she must have some great dreams.
 She loves if you sit and talk to her. She likes when I read to her, but she most loves it when I sing. Even off key.
She's learning how to grab things, She likes to lick just about anything she can get her tongue on.
The face I get when I try to take the thing she wanted to lick away.
Nothing gets this girl down, she'll just try harder to lick it.
Twinky likes to lick her feet while she's in her chair. She's not sure what she thinks about that.
When Stumpy, our largest cat, tries to get into the chair, she lets me know she isn't pleased.
Overall? She is a great baby. I keep saying she's the easiest of the three and that remains true. Some days it's absolutely awful and I wonder what in the hell I was thinking doing this a third time. But then she looks at me like this, basically silently telling me to get it together, and I have to restrain myself from squeezing her guts.

2 comments:

Marjorie/cenya2 said...

You baby is adorable. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The Flynnigans said...

Love the second and last pics of her. :) I can't believe I was reading about you being pregnant months ago. It feels like I've known you forever girl, seriously.

I just love baby laughs, they're so adorable and such innocence.

Xo