Wednesday, September 23, 2015

School daze is a legit illness.

I'm not dead, I'm just swamped with things to do. That's all. But let's play catch up of things I'm really late in sharing with you. 

In September, Olivia started fourth grade and Jackson started second.
Look at how freaking skinny she is! Ugh. She had her ten year old check up and she's underweight which is frustrating consider how much food she eats. But if she's anything like me, she'll fill out soon enough.
Jackson was pretty disgusted he didn't sprout five inches this summer. He's certainly gotten taller to me but he is sure he's still shorter than everyone else. Fortunately for him, he mostly plays with the girls and they are all his height so that works out.
I am pretty lucky that my kids actually love school. Like, a lot. They were counting down the days they could go back this summer and were up long before I was on the first day.
I remember being so worried about Jackson when he started school. He was so upset when Olivia started school because his play partner was now gone, but he quickly embraced all of the extra attention. I wasn't sure if he'd do well but he has pleasantly surprised me. He does well, though he does get frustrated easily and if he isn't perfect at something right away he gets easily discouraged. But he's like that in everything that he does, really. Olivia on the other hand excels at school and I always know that she put forth all of the possible effort that should could have. And she's really good at encouraging Jackson to try a little harder. 

Along with school, Olivia has resumed dance, still has her guitar lessons and started volleyball. I couldn't convince Jackson to do any sports this fall but Boy Scouts has started again. A new school year means the PTO has started up again at school, so my to-do list has grown exponentially. I've done a really good job delegating things to others so it could certainly be worse. There are just some things that fall squarely on me and that's OK. I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm of my day so I don't feel like I'm spending an an entire weekend catching up. 

I have lots of posts to catch you up on, though. So stay tuned and be patient. Everything feels like actual organized chaos. At least I'm true to name. 

 Welcome to Sara's Organized Chaos

4 comments:

Brooke Knipp said...

School daze is absolutely a legit illness. I have it. Look at my lack of blogging! Your kids are dressed and happy and loving school. Winning. Looking forward to upcoming posts about your organized chaos! :)

Donnica Smalls said...

Aww that's great that they love school. They look so incredibly happy. The end of summer always throws everything off as you get back into a school-year routine. :)

Shann Eva said...

I'm in the school daze too...even though I only have one in school and two at home. Actually, I think it's a bit of a school haze, thanks to the lovely cold the kindergartner brought me home. Love your blog and your posts as always.

Caitlin Cheevers said...

Aww! I love that your kids like school. I was totally that kid, too.
xo, Caitlin
And Possibly Dinosaurs