Friday, October 16, 2015

In the News! Yes, I still watch the news.

I know, I know, I KNOW it's been a few weeks since I've done this but what can I say? I actually have a life outside of blogging. I know, that also is crazy. But I haven't stopped reading and watching the news, so here we go.

Bristol Palin- just stop it. Not only is she upset about a story that was proven to not even be true but let's be honest- I think Bristol Palin is the last person who should be railing against free birth control to prevent teen pregnancy.

Hayden Panettiere has post partum depression. As someone who has had post-partum depression, I totally applaud her. Having post-partum depression is awful and there stigma around it is even worse. People automatically assume you don't love your child and what kind of mother are you? But it has nothing to do with that. Hormones are awful and the fact she recognizes she needs to get help is huge, so many of us don't get to that point and suffer quietly.

Man beaten at church. A 19 year old boy has died after being beaten, along with his 17 year old brother, at church by his parents and other churchgoers. Supposedly it was to get them to confess their sins but honestly, if this is what God wants then God is the worst. It makes you wonder at what point do a religious person turns into a fanatic to a nutjob.

Get your shit together, Shonda. I swear, if Shonda is going to do the same exact story over and over again on Scandal, I'm going to lose it. The fact that show fans aren't rioting over the repeat of story is beyond me. Olivia and Fitz, together, broken up, together again, broken up. It's like she can't make a definitive decision and move the show forward.

Man kills boy while mom was working.I'm getting really tired of low life assholes who beat a child to death and then say that they didn't beat them, the child fell. I'm sorry, but you don't get a lacerated liver from jumping on the bed. Ugh. The worst thing is not knowing who you can trust with your children. I can't even imagine what that mom is going through.

Short list this week! I have lots of stuff on my plate, some cool updates next week and a recipe for a super easy caramel bars and that'll be live on Sunday!

 Welcome to Sara's Organized Chaos


1 comment:

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I applaud Hayden too! Honestly I am so excited to have kids, and I don't know too much about post-partum depression (so my worries may be totally off-base) but I can be an emotional person. Not quite depressed...but something like that, so I worry about having PPD when I have kids. The stigma surrounding depression is crazy, and like you said, with PPD people who don't experience probably really don't understand it. So I think a lot of people don't get help with it, either. Hopefully Hayden going in to rehab for it (I think she did?) will make others understand it better!

Also YES to everything about Scandal. It makes my blood boil, and yet, I can't stop watching. Mostly I watch it so I can complain about how dumb it is now with the stupid "will they or won't they?" storyline.