Saturday, November 7, 2015

Crafty Saturday- the shop is BACK!

So it's been a really long time since I have put any kind of effort into my Etsy shop. I know, you're like, "Wow Sara, I had no idea you had an Etsy shop!". I know, I'm sorry about that. But truthfully, I got a little burnt out, I lost my creative juices and then, got kind of lazy.

But it's back!

Mostly because I have so many supplies here that I could (and should) be using up, and also, if I can generate even a little bit of side income, it would be a good thing. And traditionally, I've always sold more in the fall as people gear up for the holidays, so what better time to start up, right?

You can find my shop at: Scrapin Sara's Gifts

I make handmade cards, pre-made scrapbooks, glitter ornaments, photo frames, and a few other things up my sleeve that will be coming soon. I am a big fan of greeting cards in general, I feel like you should send many and send often. One of my absolute favorite times of year is Christmas, because it's the one time of year I am guaranteed to get a bunch of cards in the mail.

Fun fact: I absolutely HATE photo cards. To me, they are impersonal and they are a waste of time. I really miss the days of a handwritten greeting and even a Christmas letter. I make over 100 cards every year, sign each one, and always include a letter in every one. To me, that's the point. Connect with those you don't get to as often as you'd like over the year, talk about what you've done, and maybe include a photo. Yes, it's time consuming. But to me, it's worth it.

I may or may not have our Christmas card planned out for this year, we'll just have to see. But I currently have these three listed in my shop now!

I used Stampin' Up's Berry Merry stamp set from their 2015 Holiday Mini Catalog, some scrap paper I had on hand, and tried a tri-color stamp technique. These are SUPER cute. 


Again, same Berry Merry stamp set, but this time the "joy" is heat embossed and I used up the very last of my green glitter ribbon. I'm not typically a fan of this kind of paper, but I only had one piece left and I just happened to have other things out that matched so I put these together quickly. 


Oh... this might be my favorite card! It was also the most time consuming card that I made. Same Berry Merry stamp set, but I also used the Boughs & Berries embossing folder. I actually don't own a Sizzix Big Shot, but I do have the original Sizzix die cut machine (but no die cuts for it, odd) and with the system converter I was able to use the embossing folder easily. (Which means I'll be buying more because I love embossing) The "season's greetings" is heat embossed, which means the stamped image looks shiny like on Hallmark cards, basically. The poinsettias are also heat embossed but with some glitter powder I forgot that I had. As time consuming as these were, I really love the look of them. Dare I say.. best card I've ever done? I love it that much. 

I also have a couple of finished photo frames I had on hand and one set of glitter ornaments in my listing. Oh, and a super cute set of reindeer gift tags! I'll be posting more cards every few days so keep your eyes peeled. Shop till you drop and share my shop! 

Welcome to Sara's Organized Chaos


7 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Ooh I need to check out your shop. It's been awhile since I've looked at what you have on hand! I do love getting actual cards and letters in the mail. I have a good friend who lives in NY and we always write each other letters all year long. It's great!

-Lauren

Oh, and I'm trying to schedule some stuff for December, so if you'd like me to do a feature on your Etsy shop, let me know! I can make it early in the month so people can get cards and whatnot.

You can email me: lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Shann Eva said...

Awesome! I love homemade cards .I'm going to check out your shop tomorrow, since I'm about to fall asleep at 9pm on a Sat night.

Chrissy said...

Those are wonderful! I think I need to check out our shop - love handmade cards! Happy Sunday

Michelle Frost said...

So glad to see I'm not the only one that feels that way about photo cards! Lol Great post!

The Flynnigans said...

Your cards are beautiful Sara. Don't hate but I do photo cards but you'll see why. And I'm not the asshole that simply shoves it into an envelope and calls it a day. I usually write a note on the Balkans or both with a real card.

Speaking of,I need to email you to get your address for this very reason. :)

Molly said...

Those holiday cards are so cute! I'm so bad about sending any, I should really start this year.

Molly and Stacie

Neely said...

I just love your shop!!!