Friday, November 27, 2015

In the News: lumps, crime, bad babysitters.

Hello, lambs! Right now you are either in the hoards at stores shopping for the best deals for the best holiday of the year, or you're boycotting the whole thing because you're secretly a Grinch.

Either way, love ya.

Anyhoodles, here is the In the News recap this week!

1. HGTV host has cancer, detected by viewer. I kind of hate the show Flip or Flop because I feel like the guy is a stressed out asshole always on the brink of financial ruin and the wife is a materialistic bitch. I mean, maybe just on the show but ugh, no thanks. BUT! A viewer, who is a registered nurse, noticed Tarek had a lump and turns out- he totally has thyroid cancer. He's much better now after having surgery but man, how lucky was he that this nurse took the time to find an email for his production company!

2. Jim Bob is just.. no. Don't do anything he says. First of all, if you want to have 20 kids then right on, do exactly what he says. I don't care who you are, if you have 20 children, some of them are bound to be a bad egg. This family... they need to go away. Stop trying to convince the rest of us you're wholesome and a good example. You let your daughters be molested, you never helped your son, and you make it sound like we're supposed to forgive him and move on because you're daughters have. Which, shame on you. Go away.

3. It's getting real in Minneapolis. So here's the short version. Black kid was shot by police officers during an arrest. Apparently, the kid was involved in an assault (bad), and then while first responders where giving first aid to the victim, he was interfering, then there was a scuffle and he ends up dead. Now people are in an uproar and instead of an investigation to happen in a calm and thorough manner, people are losing their shit and throwing rocks, bricks, etc at police and then wonder why they got pepper sprayed. Now, I feel really sad anytime anyone is hurt or shot. I do. I will forever say that if you do not want to go to jail or worse, stop breaking the god damn law. Now, should the officer shoot at his head? Probably not. I mean, you couldn't shoot his arm or something? But then, maybe that was the intent and he moved and it hit his head. I don't know but what I do know is that I'm sick and tired of people assaulting police officers because they think they are all bad. If you would just follow the fucking law, you'll be alright.

4. Two year old found alive, babysitter arrested. This right here is why I don't have babysitters. I have never left my kids alone with someone other than a family member or a really close friend with children. You just don't know and honestly, me having a good time somewhere is never going to be worth it. But this little girl was abducted in the early morning, by her babysitter, and later found naked on the side of the road with her head shaved. Now, obviously something happened between the time she was abducted and then when she winds up naked and bald. So freaking bizarre.

OK, lambs. If you're reading this, think of me. I'm working retail and I'm maybe dead on the floor from a stampede. If you never see another post from me again, you'll know how I went out.

1 comment:

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Ummm that kidnapping thing...so so so weird!

I don't like the couple on Flip or Flop either. The show is kind of interesting, but they drive me insane. They had scheduled seminars in the area here to teach people how to flip houses and the community told them to eff off (because there are already so many damn rich Californians moving up here and buying real estate and increasing prices so people who have lived here forever get pushed out) so they had to postpone.