Oh lambs. TGIF, homies. I cannot say TGIF enough.
Let's do the news:
1. The Wiggles doing show for adult fans. If you don't know who The Wiggles are, you are probably not a parent or you are too young. But I can tell you right now, not only do I know who The Wiggles are, but I've seen them live TWICE and I can sing and do all of the dance moves. I have been known to break out into song (and sometimes dance) to "Hot Potato" and "Fruit Salad" but I also love "Rock A Bye Your Bear" and "The Monkey Dance". Penelope has no idea what's in store for her when she's old enough to appreciate my moves. But let's face it, The Wiggles have gotten old and the fad had kind of gone away. The original Wiggles aren't even together, only Anthony (the blue one) is in it and the last I saw there was some chick in place of the yellow Wiggle. Which, whatever. Greg is the original (who left because he had some health condition that made him randomly pass out), and then it was Sam and I quite liked Sam but Murray (the red one) always freaked me out and I read a story where Jeff (the purple one) was actually using drugs that made him sleepy so they incorporated the whole "Wake up, Jeff" theme because of it. Anyways. It's embarrassing that I know the gossip on the Wiggles. What's notable here is that they are doing a reunion show for adults only. Like, are there actual adults who would lose their shit to see the originals live, without their kids in tow? I mean, I know when we saw them, women threw their panties on stage of a children's concert. I'm not even kidding. I want to be joking on that but I am not and both Matt and I were totally appalled. Like, who does that?! So yes. 2016: the year of The Wiggles.
2. Josh Duggar continues to be a douchebag. So he apparently assaulted a porn star in his off time. So gross.
3. Have you seen the Guide to a 1950's Housewife? I've seen it on my Facebook feed quite a bit this week and would you be surprised to know I do almost all of these? Numbers 3, 15, and 16.. not so much. Not usually number 4 either. But for the most part, in my own way, all of the others actually happen. It wasn't always that way, though. We hit a really rough patch about seven years ago and went to marriage counseling for years and as much as it kills me, being a little bit submissive actually works. I'm not talking Candice Cameron submissive, but a little bit. It's like a weird, psychological warfare, really. That and it makes me feel productive and on top of things, so I go with it.
4. Jared Fogle is a disgusting pig. First there were the audio tapes played on Dr. Phil. Which, let's be honest, were so disturbing most of us had to turn it off. When he started talking about having sex with a 10-12 year old girl and just having the time of his life, I immediately thought of my 10 year old daughter and almost barfed. What a sick fucking bastard. So then it makes you think, surely this has to be a psychological defect, right? RIGHT? Don't even get me started on his lawyer saying he had a "mild case" of pedophilia. I think anytime you fantasize about children in a sexual way, you've gone beyond mild case. There is no such thing as a mild case. You're ether a disgusting pervert or you're not. Then he played down the fact of their ages, like 16 and 17 aren't so bad. Um, yes. We have age of consent for a reason- children at ages 16 and 17 don't fully understand what they are consenting to. His poor wife and children. Seriously. She's divorcing him but I'll tell you what, if Matt was in prison, there isn't a chance in hell I would take my children to a prison to visit him. They can write but I wouldn't subject my children to that.
5. Home abortions on the rise in Texas. I've said it before, I wouldn't get an abortion myself, but I think we need to have a safe resource for women who, for whatever reason, feel like that's their only option. It's not on us to talk them into it or out of it, and we need to mind our own business. And because Texas wants to be all up in your uterus, there are lots of women taking unhealthy, unsafe, scary measures to give themselves abortions. The entire purpose of Roe vs. Wade was to give women the safe alternative so they don't find themselves taking weird "herbs" from Mexico and hoping for the best. Unreal.
So that's it. That's what I've got from the news. I'll be back next week with more news, more book reviews, and maybe tomorrow I'll have a crafty post up. We'll just have to see.