Thursday, November 5, 2015

LitCube... Supernatural Box

Oh lambs. I know I've been a bit MIA as of late, but I promise it's not without reason. Mostly we've been sick. And I've been balls to the wall busy with real life things and sometimes my little ol' blog has to sacrifice.

BUT!

I have a few book subscription box reveals coming for you, some book reviews (some GREAT, some... not so great) coming up and more. Oh yes, more. Shenanigans kind of more.

First up though, let's talk about my October Lit Cube, it was a Supernatural theme. Now, I'm going to be honest. The theme was teased In August, I believe? Or September? I hadn't ever watched the show. I know. Don't worry, I have quickly rectified that and am now a full blown junkie, and I'm signed up for the newsletter and on a wait list for convention information.

Don't judge.

So I was super excited about the box because as it got closer to release time, I had already become a Supernatural addict.

So what did I get? Well. I got a copy of The Spawn by Ken Nolan. I have started it, I'm on maybe chapter 4 or 5 and it's... well it's kind of shitty. It just is. It actually might get tossed into my not-going-to-finish pile. It's that bad. I mean, it'll be a slow finish. You know I'll reluctantly finish it and then complain to you all about it.
Next up we got three nail polishes from Spellbound Nails.  I did try these on mine and my daughter's nails and meh... not impressed. Anytime I have to apply multiple coats for it to not look streaky, I toss it. I have zero time for that shiz. This is said to have a $13.99 value, and they are "free of toluene, formaldehyde, and dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde resin and camphor", but there is zero chance I would pay $13.99 for this.
We also got a "Books: My Drug of Choice" ereader sleeve, and $11.99 value. Super cute if you don't already have an ereader sleeve, which I do. So this is useless. I might use it for something else but alas, so far nothing else fits in it. We got a button, that I don't know where I'll use it, and some bookmarks.
Perhaps the only thing I liked was the keychain. Which apparently some people were pissed off because their didn't come with vials, or their cork popped out, blah blah blah. My cork came out of one vial, but I put it back in. One vial is supposed to have holy water and the other salt, two things popular in the Supernatural show. I do plan to use this. 
The other thing I liked was this mini charm. I'm probably going to use it for something else all together, but it was cute.

Overall? Dud. I feel like this was a dud of a box. November's box is vampire theme so I've got high hopes. December is "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch", but in the teaser image the Grinch looks like Scrooge so... I'm worried. That could go south real quick. I meant to cancel before November 1 but I forgot, so I'm all in for the next two, lambs. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang. . . I had forgotten to sign up for this one but I would have been crazy disappointed with this box as well.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I've never watched Supernatural! That sucks that this was a dud. Bleh. Also I hate when you're reading a book and you're not a fan but feel like you have to finish anyway.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I like what I've seen of Supernatural, but I've never seen a full season. This doesn't look like that great of a box, I have to admit. Sorry! I hope the next two are better - especially since you didn't get to cancel in time.