Thursday, December 3, 2015

Shop small, make a big difference.

Lots of you know that I have my very own Etsy shop, Scrapin' Sara, and I don't make a ton of money on there but anything I do make basically goes back into buying new things to tinker with and make. I make handmade cards (mostly) but I have also done custom baby books, picture frames, ornaments and a few other things. I make treat bags for classrooms, too.

So I thought maybe to help you shop and support other Etsy sellers, I would showcase a few here and maybe you'll be inclined to support other people just trying to make a little side money AND give a completely unique gift you know someone won't get two of (or already have).

Jenns Bookshelves
Jenn is an avid reader and I "met" her on a book promotion/sharing Facebook page just recently. She makes adorable book marks, planner accessories and so much more. She offers 15% off for bloggers who shop with her, use code BLOGGER15 at checkout!
These make CUTE planner accessories, but you could even use them as bookmarks. These would make a cute teacher gift. 

Again, these can be used as bookmarks or planner accessories. If you know someone who is into the country chic trend, this is going to be perfect for them! 

I know this girl personally, we rocked it out in high school Ecology class. But she has been busy making so many things for her shop, while raising three kids, and helping her best friend with her cancer benefit. If you want to learn more about Mirra's story, click HERE
If you are big into essential oils, I think you are going to adore this shop! I have seen her items first hand, they smell wonderful and they work really well. I think you could but a really cute gift basket together just of the items out of her shop, which are all really inexpensive!
Honestly, I probably need this in my life. I have really terrible anxiety (a post for another day, lambs) and this would be a perfect thing to just have in my purse for sure! She also has a headache one (teacher gift, anyone? HA!) if you get headaches while at work or school, or lets face it- home. If you want to support a stay at home mom who goes above and beyond helping others in the community, this is the shop you want to help out!  

I know this gal too and I'll have you know- she has GOATS. And like, a ton of other animals but let's be real, I only care about the goats. One of these days I'm going to just show up at her house and play with her goats. And maybe lure one into my van when she isn't looking. 

CMT Farm makes a whole ton of products including goat milk soap, lip balm, natural cleaning products, etc. Are you shopping for a guy in your life? You need to get him the Beer Snowflake soap. These are made out of goat milk and actual beer brewed locally in Duluth, MN. Another really great item is the Natural Laundry Soap (good for 20 washings). And again, if you like to support a local business who also gives back, this is a great shop! If you purchase any of the Hope's Soap items, a portion of your purchase goes to the American Bear Center to help continue their efforts in the preservation of bears in northern Minnesota.

Next week I will talk about more great shops- stay tuned! 

14 comments:

The Flynnigans said...

Those paper clips are cute and love that rollerball. I love etsy but I feel like I get sucked into a hole of awesomeness and I lose track of the hours because there is so much talent and adorable things on there.

Rachel said...

I largely don't buy anything online from little shops like these ever since I moved to Malaysia--shipping is so expensive and customs and import tax...it's just too much to deal with. But I miss supporting all the little small businesses. There is a world of small business crafters here, too, but it's not nearly as widespread as it is in the USA.

A Life of Love and Joy said...

Such cute and creative things! I love the paper clips! :)

Mom on the Move said...

Great post! I love to try to support small businesses and local ones!

Cynthia said...

Great way to support other small businesses! Thank you. I love the paperclips and the soap especially. Thanks for sharing!

Penny Struebig said...

I'm loving the paper clips! What a cute stocking stuffer they would make. I'm going to their site right now!

Paulita said...

I love supporting small businesses. I try and buy all my holiday gifts from independent places when I can #authenticbloggers

Leah MacDonald said...

Thank you for sharing these, it's always fun to find new, and interesting shops!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Hey! Thanks for the mention!!

Shann Soiney said...

Nice. So much great stuff. I need to sit down and look thru everything on Etsy and buy some gifts. I'm thinking I definitely need one of those rollers.

Branson Merrill said...

I will need to check out sunshine scents! I loooove essential oils!

Irene Thayer said...

It is such an amazing post, dear!
Have a nice weekend:)

www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Thanks so much for spotlighting some Etsy shops. I've bought a lot of gifts this year from Etsy and local craft shows. I really do like to support the people who make things on a small-scale. They appreciate it more than a big company, PLUS, you're right...they often make very unique gifts!

-Lauren

Neely said...

I buy quite a few holiday and birthday gifts from Etsy.