Monday, January 4, 2016

Everything leading up to Christmas. Catch up with The Strands.

I know many have said it but December absolutely kicked my ass. Absolutely kicked it hard. I can't even believe I made it out alive, to be honest.

I spent most of December getting ready for Christmas, obviously. I didn't feel well pretty much the entire month so every day was a struggle. The kids only had school until the 18th, but that last week of school was jam packed with so many things.
They had their holiday sing a long at school. I couldn't get any good pictures of them on stage, so I got one after school of them dressed all nice. Imagine Olivia's hair curled and Jackson's shirt tucked in and vest zipped. I swear those things were true when they left home in the morning. But they did so well and I always like seeing them do these concerts.
Olivia also had her dance recital, which Matt didn't go to because he had to be home with Penelope. It didn't even start until 7 p.m. so no way would Penelope have made it. Olivia is the back row, far right. She did SO WELL. Seriously. I was blown away at how well she has improved even from last year, it was really impressive.
The big kids got to do some other fun Christmas things that I couldn't afford to take them to, including this Christmas Train thing and then The Nutcracker. Jackson said it was pretty boring and he wasn't sure why there were no words. Olivia gave a non-committal "it was good" when I asked. So, maybe they were too young to appreciate it.
Penelope took naps in the morning but really fights me in the afternoons though she's clearly exhausted. She now prefers to sleep on her side or tummy.
Some of the afternoons got to be PRETTY challenging so we resorted to playing with wrapping paper and bows for fun, which doubled as practice for Christmas. She was pro immediately.
The kids spent the night out at Matt's parent's house and Jackson found someone's old Tin Man costume in the attic.
Olivia finished knitting her first scarf on her loom, which I think she gave to a friend.
Our Elf, Sam, was pretty lame this year but he went out with a bang on Christmas Eve by putting streamers in their rooms while they were away.
The kids kept telling the Elf what a waste this was and how they were too tired to be dealing with this. Elf won this battle.

So that was a super brief run down of December before the week of Christmas. I'm exhausted just talking about it.

10 comments:

Nichole Miller said...

What gorgeous kiddos! I love all the pics!

Tawni Sattler said...

Wow! Busy, busy, busy! I'm impressed you made it out alive, too! ;) Your kids are adorable. (And I love their names! I have a son named Jackson, too!)

middlechild said...

Rest when you can. I know. ..I can hear you laughing.

middlechild said...

Rest when you can. I know. ..I can hear you laughing.

Shann Soiney said...

Sounds like a busy holiday and your kids are gorgeous. :)

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Super cute pictures! I was expecting this post to end with an announcement...

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Definitely time for a good nap. What a busy month!

Michelle Augimeri said...

December went by way to fast and Christmas was here and gone before we knew it. I love hearing about how kids have worked hard and improved upon skills. That's great.

Donnica Smalls said...

Do you have nap time scheduled for yourself? You had a very busy month, but it looked like a lot of fun.

Neely said...

They are precious! looks like you guys had such a fun time