Monday, February 22, 2016

9 months. Almost an entire month late.

You know what? I honest to goodness have zero idea where the month of February has gone but to say it has kicked my ass would be a gross understatement. I really cannot tell you what I've done this month though I know it's been a lot. But let's talk about Penelope and what month nine looks like for her.

This girl. I swear to you she is the cutest, most lovable baby you have ever met in your life. You really cannot be around her and not smile.
She is very busy all day. She really loves to be surrounded by a pile of things to look at and play with.
She can crawl SUPER fast now and I tell her to turn on her turbo and she'll tuck her head and book it. She can also stand while hanging onto something and she will walk along furniture or holding my hands. Any day now I expect to see her just go all on her own.
But don't be fooled- she can be quite the stinker. She tests the limits every day and if you tell her no, she'll tuck her head and whimper, but then look back at you to see if you really meant it. Sometimes when she cries you can tell it's just for attention and she'll stop to look at you to make sure you really feel sorry for her.
Her and Twinky are best friends. Several times a day he tries to sit on her lap like he does us. If he isn't doing that, he's constantly trying to lick her wherever he can. In return, she likes to drop some of her lunch onto the floor for him in partnership. She's also trying to give him her pacifier sometimes so I have to been on the lookout for that.
Speaking of food, this child hates table food. All kinds. Doesn't matter what it is, she hates it and does not want any part of something not pureed. I mean, at least she'll do pureed food but come on. She also wants no part of a sippy cup because it's work and this child is not about work.
She is a party-all-of-the-time kind of gal. Which is super fun unless you want to eat or pee because she lets it be known that's not acceptable on her time. But I really could not have made a better baby. I really couldn't. She's just full of personality, she's starting to babble really well, she loves to be cuddled and hugged, and she will be your best friend if you'll sit on the floor and play with her.

I can't believe I'm already looking at planning her first birthday party. Next week she'll be ten months old and I can't believe it really has gone this fast. You know it does, but it sneaks up on you every time.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

A friend of mine had a kid that didn't want to eat real food. My daughter was all done with baby food and he wouldn't eat anything but at a year old.
My daughter wouldn't do spill proof sippy cups either. Either the cheap ones that just had lids or a regular cup was it for her. Haha! My mil hated that she wouldn't use a spill proof sippy.

The Flynnigans said...

I can't believe she's going to be running in zero time flat. She's such a pretty little girl. I remember just yesterday you were still pregnant with her. God how time flies....
You and Matt DO make gorgeous kids!

xo

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I seriously can't get over how cute she is. I know everyone says that about babies, because yes, they're cute, but she's like...chart-topping cute. I think it's her eyes and smile. I am loving her scotty dog dress and the fact that she's best friends with Twinky. And her fake crying! She seems so mischievous and sassy!