Tuesday, April 19, 2016

24 weeks already or is that all?

Depending on who you talk to, me being 24 weeks pregnant either feels like it's flying by or it's at a snail pace. And truly, I flip flop on that as well. I am officially due on August 8, and according to our ultrasound at the last appointment, it's yet another girl.

And I'll take the unpopular road and be honest when I say I'm not super excited. I had really hoped for a boy and it's just not in the cards. It's interesting how I always get the people who remind me I should just be happy with whatever but then I'm a seasoned pro at baby making at this point and I'm able to roll my eyes and keep it moving.

Because bottom line, sometimes people are assholes, and if your personal feeling isn't "normal", it's like involuntary thing to just beat a person down.

Anyways.

24 weeks

Sorry it's a blurry picture, our camera pretty much sucks and Matt isn't great at taking pictures in general. But there we go- I clearly have a bump now. I'm pretty  much the same with every pregnancy bump wise as all of my others. 

Overall I feel fine. I've started having pressure where it feels like I've basically been kicked repeatedly in the vagina. That's super fun. So if you see me walking like I've loaded my pants, it's because it hurts. I don't really have any cravings, and I don't feel the baby move so much. Every once in awhile I get a very light, small movement, but that's it. Which is a bit disappointing. I had been banking on that kind of making me feel connected to this pregnancy but no such luck. I worry about that. I just really, really want to get to a point where I'm excited about this baby. I really want that so badly. 

Anyhoodles. My weight is good, I've only gained six pounds so far which is pretty standard for me. Baby is measuring on target, heartbeat sounds good, my blood pressure is being maintained well with my medication that I'm on anyways, and next appointment is my glucose test which sucks. I hate that. But it's weird because that'll be 28 weeks and that means I start going to the doctor every two weeks, which means this baby is coming FAST. 

I am not at all ready. I am that nut who likes to be over the top ready months in advance and the fact I'm not is really stressing me out. But at the same time, I have zero motivation. I put together a registry on Amazon because Matt wants to try Prime for the free trial, and if I did a registry I could get some kind of baby sample box. Which, yay free stuff. 

I have a toddler bed for Penelope that I will be painting this summer. I also have a dresser that both girls will share since Penelope's current dresser is really too small so there is no way I can get two girls' things in there. So that also will get a snazzy paint job this summer and cleaned out. I really need warmer weather so I can just work on something. 

I was given a double jogging stroller by my in-laws for my birthday, so I'm ready there. Then my over the top, amazing friend Amy got me a double umbrella stroller for my birthday/Mother's Day. Which is going to be so great because the jogging one is pretty large even when folded and takes up the entire back of my mini-van. The umbrella one is going to be so great for trips to the mall, or anywhere I anticipate needing more trunk space. So I'm very grateful that basically my two biggest things are taken care of. I am going to start getting some of the clothes that Penelope outgrew back tomorrow so I will need to figure out what I still need to buy. I anticipate I'll be starting over because the season of clothes I had don't match what I'm going to need so that's kind of frustrating. 

But yeah. That's where I'm at for 24 weeks. I'm kind of all over the place, right? Oy. 

3 comments:

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

People are crazy. You're allowed to be disappointed that it's not a boy. It's not like you're saying, "Well, it's not a boy so I'd better get an abortion." Sheesh. At least you don't have to worry about strollers!

middlechild said...

Everything will fall into place. It's those ridiculous hormones that are messing with you.

middlechild said...

Everything will fall into place. It's those ridiculous hormones that are messing with you.