Friday, June 24, 2016

And then we had cheesecake. Kind of.

Do you remember a few weeks ago when literally everyone's Facebook feed had the video for the no-bake birthday cake cheesecake?? I don't know about you but these videos always mysteriously show up in my feed in the afternoon when I really want to eat all of the things, and then I get excited only to find out I'm missing one or two ingredients and can do nothing about it.

I could go into why I feel this is all a conspiracy, but I won't, mostly because I feel scattered and it could end up in a dark, dark place my friends.

Anyways.

So I had been seeing it and finally it dawned on me that this is a thing I need to do because the universe is practically forcing me. Thankfully, the only ingredient I needed to buy was the heavy cream so I went in my pajamas and then made this during Penelope's nap time. Now, if you want to do this, you can click on that green link a few paragraphs up and it'll take you to the original page it was posted on. OR, if you are super lazy, I'll post it for you here.

1 1/2 cup heavy cream
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup birthday cake mix (I used that Funfetti stuff)
1 graham cracker pie crust
Rainbow sprinkles

In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
I felt like this step took forever. My elbow was starting to hurt.

Add softened cream cheese and sugar and stir until completely combined and no clumps remain.
Fold in birthday cake mix.

Pour mixture into pie crust, smoothing over top with a rubber spatula.
Top with sprinkles, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours.

Which is torture. But I also have to note, I have no idea what size pie crust other people's store carries, but mine is just a regular one and there was NO EFFING WAY all of that mix was fitting into the pie crust. I had like a third of it not fit so in hindsight, I would only use maybe 8 ounces of cream cheese instead of 12?

The verdict? The kids LOVED it. I didn't. Matt didn't eat any but he's not huge into dessert like I am. I haven't found a no-bake cheesecake recipe I really like because I like my cheesecake to be a bit firmer, I guess. I would make this again just for the kids if I had the stuff laying around but it isn't going to be a recipe I go to automatically when I need a dessert. Sad stuff.

1 comment:

The Flynnigans said...

Can I have some cheesecake without the calories and fat?!?! :)