Saturday, August 6, 2016

Crafty Saturday: Paper Pumpkin Banner Surprise box

If you remember, I mentioned how I am subscribed to the Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin box, which is a monthly subscription with a fun craft project that you can do quickly and easily. It's only $19.95 a month and you get a stamp set and a mini ink pad that you can use over and over again, but you also get all of the supplies you need for the project itself. The price is really a great deal because you get a lot for your money and it's always a super fun (and easy) project.

The theme for June 2016 was Banner Surprise, so let's see what I got.
First, your box arrives in this super cute orange box so it's recognizably noticeable when you get your mail. Everything is wrapped in tissue paper.
Inside you'll find your project kit and a really great instructional booklet that has your how-to, a website for more resources and ideas for your kit, and photos! I'm a visual person so if I can see what it looks like, I'm good.
That's a close up of the front of the booklet.
And here's what the inside looks like. It's a really great step-by-step of the project.
But what did we actually receive? Quite a bit!

  • Banner Surprise Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Spot ink
  • Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin Spot ink
  • 6 printed card bases
  • 6 mint bags/envelopes
  • 35 triangular cellophane bags
  • 3 sheets of die-cut circles
  • 2 sheets of gold foil stickers
  • 2 bags of assorted sequins
  • 4 yards of washi tape
  • 8 yards of white baker's twine
The booklet also gives you a how to use these stamps if you aren't familiar, as well as how to clean and store them.They also have a Facebook page just for Paper Pumpkin,  and other subscribers share what they've done with the kit. This particular booklet said it's meant to make a banner but also 6 cards. I don't really have use for a banner, so I'm going to be making just cards with my kit, and I finished my first 6.
I did a bunch of thank you cards to have on hand because once again, I find myself without any more left. These came out super cute and I totally love the stamp set! I have decided I need to come up with a good storage system for these smaller stamp sets that don't come with a box or anything to keep them in, so if you have ideas- share them!

Want a sneak peak of the July box? I'll share my finished project and a detailed list and photos of what we got soon but...
.. just know I'll be using this for Olivia's upcoming birthday party. They are small favor boxes and I'm pretty stinking excited about this project! Stay tuned, lambs!

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Definitely a good price for all the items you get and I love that some of the items are things you can keep and use again. LOVE these cards you made!

-Lauren