But the fun part of Christmas for me has always been my wish list! Sure, every year I make a wish list and if I get one thing off of it I'm thrilled, but I like to make them anyways. Sort of reminds me of being a kid and going through the Fingerhut catalog with my brother and circling all the things we wanted. I do it every year, even as an adult because I am convinced I will win the lottery someday. So without further ado, here is Sara's Super Amazing Christmas Wish List:
1. Vera Wang nightgowns
2. the Tyme Iron
3. a Vacuum: I can't even research for a good one because I'm so overwhelmed. I just need something lightweight, that had attachments and stuff to do my furniture and stairs, and is good with pet hair.
4. New Kitchen Appliances
5. Chair Massager
6. Bedroom Curtains
7. A new Laptop: No picture on this because I would only trust Matt to get me one- he knows what I need. But I'd really like to have one that I can use anywhere and has a number keypad. My poor laptop has had better days, no longer will work without being plugged into a wall, doesn't have a usable CD-ROM (shut up, I still use one!) and is heavy and awkward for me.
8. Giftcards! I love gift cards and anyone who says they are impersonal and awful? Doesn't get good ones. My favorite stores are JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Maurices, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Amazon, JCPenney, Target, etc. I really need some clothes that fit but because my scar is itchy and awful, I'm having to try everything on. It's such an ordeal. But I do need new clothes that fit. I also need scrapbooking supplies to work on Lucy's baby book, too. Victoria's Secret because I need underwear that doesn't have holes or stains. Ulta because sometimes I need makeup and god knows I need a good anti-aging cream right now.
9. Books! Here is a (short) list of what is on my want-to-read list:
- Say You Want Me - Corinne Michaels
- How We Die - Sherwin D. Nuland
- Beautiful Bastard - Christina Lauren (actually, this entire series!)
- Approval Junkie - Faith Salie
- The Mother Road - Meghan Quinn
- The Choices We Make - Karma Brown
- The Roman - Sylvain Reynard
- The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena
- The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman - Brady Stefani
- A World Without You - Beth Revis
- Where They Found Her - Kimberly McCreight
- The 100 Year Miracle - Ashley Ream
- A Thousand Naked Strangers - Kevin Hazzard
- The Shadow - Sylvain Reynard
- The Way I Used To Be - Amber Smith
- Filthy English - Ilsa Madden Mills
I really like plain faux diamond earrings. I like all variations of them and since I've got little ones, studs are where it's at. No pretty dangles for me.
This is my favorite perfume of all time. Almost nobody carries it in store so I have to order it online and I'm almost out. But I get so many compliments that I smell good and it's this, folks. This is why I smell good.
12. Gift cards to get haircuts and eyebrow waxes! There is a place in Superior that I've always gone to get my hair done and that's Utopia Salon. I don't have a "person", but if anyone in Superior knows of a person who is super great with thick, wavy hair- I need them. I also get my hair cut once a year and I'm in serious need. I'd love to get my hair dyed, and a pedicure this spring, too.
OK- so I'm ending my list on a weird number. But truly, I struggle with what I want outside of books. I could give you book lists for days, lambs. But I always appreciate anything I get. Seriously. I'm happy to be thought of anytime. I never buy things for myself really so I'm excited about anything. That and I like opening gifts. HA!
What's on YOUR wish list?!