Friday, March 2, 2018

Taming Him

Today I'm giving you two book reviews to go into the weekend with. Let's giddyup.

Taming Him - Kennedy Fox 

Alex Bishop is your typical cowboy.

Charming, sexy, and wears a panty-melting smirk. 



Working on the ranch helped build his solid eight-pack and smoking body. He's every girl's wet fantasy, and he knows it too. Alex doesn't follow the rules of your typical playboy bachelor. After wining and dining his dates and giving them the best night of their lives, he always sends flowers and calls the next day—even if it's to say, let's just be friends. His mama taught him manners after all, and his Southern blood knows how to be a gentleman. Still, that isn’t enough to tame the wildest of the Bishop brothers. 



River Lancaster has finally met the man of her dreams. Too bad after six months of romantic bliss, she finds out he's married. With a broken heart and blind rage, she books herself a ticket to Key West, Florida. Tired of cheaters and liars, she’s set on escaping to forget he ever existed. Who needs a man when there's an all-you-can-drink margarita bar, anyway? That's what she tells herself until she bumps into the right guy who can make all those bad memories disappear.



Even if it's only temporarily. 



Two weeks on the beach is what they both need. No strings attached, no expectations, no broken hearts. Too bad the universe has other plans—one that'll change the entire course of their lives in just nine short months.

I bought this book on a whim and I'm glad I did.  It's the first in the Bishop Brothers series and the sneak peak of book two looks GOLDEN. But let's talk about this one featuring Alex and River. 

Alex is a hard worker on his family's farm in need of a break. River is a hard working nurse who just got her heart broken after finding out she was actually her boyfriend's mistress. Both of them have friends who talk them into a last minute vacation to get away and regroup in Key West, Florida. They get there and meet soon after and sparks don't necessarily fly immediately. Soon enough though they agree that this is going to be a vacation fling, but that they would do an island bucket list and have a ton of sex. 

Of course things aren't as easy as planned and they both find themselves falling in love with each other. Alex has to leave abruptly but gives River his phone number in the hopes they can stay in touch, but River never calls.

Until.... well I can't tell you why they reconnect or talk about the last half of the book without giving it away. Just know it's an ADORABLE ending that had me smiling until my cheeks hurt.

The story is a little predictable but to be fair, almost everything in the contemporary romance genre is right now. I liked their characters, River had the potential to get on my nerves but the author reels her back just as she's dangling the irritation cliff, and I'm grateful for that. I adored Alex and his southern good ol' boy, total gentleman, a guy we all wish we would land.

Overall I'm giving this one 4 stars. I'm looking forward to reading this author again (I have two more on my shelf from her) and I'm keeping my eye out for the next in this series!

   

No comments: