Thursday, April 19, 2018

Book Review: Break Point

I can't wait to tell you about what I did yesterday but that'll come soon enough. But I had an amazing day. To top it off, I finished this book so it made it an even better day.

Break Point - Rachel Blaufeld

Juliette Smith, star tennis player, is starting over at a new university. Traumatized by hazing at her last school, all she wants is to attend classes, win tennis matches, and be left the hell alone.
She should have known her coach, Drew King, would be a problem from the moment he flexed his sexy-as-hell forearms.
What happens when you mix a pissed-off woman with a bunch of snooty teammates and a hot coach? 
A heated match, complete with team politics and a forbidden game of singles with the coach.


It’s reckless and hot until one of them taps out.

Unable to admit she may be better off as a double, Jules is convinced she needs to play the game of life alone. Then life throws her a lob and she runs smack into her past.
Coach King is back, and he wants to take control of the game. But she’s not certain she wants his advice when it comes to the life she’s built.
The power struggle is on, but this time off the court.

Alright, so this book actually moves pretty quickly and I really appreciated that. I hate books that take FOREVER to get to the point and this book got good almost immediately.

We have Juliette, Jules, who is a college student/tennis player who is transferring from another college after a fairly traumatizing experience. She is smitten with her coach, Drew King, almost immediately and he takes an interest in her as well. Obviously a forbidden romance, they begin a relationship in secret and when it threatens to expose them both, Drew up and disappears, leaving Jules devastated. Time brings them together again six years later but things are totally different for them. Jules has a secret she's kept from Drew, can they work past that and start again?

This book was so great. I really enjoyed it, flew through it in a short amount of time. It's not overtly sexual, we've got some love scenes but they aren't in explicit detail, but you get enough to feel steamy. I loved their story, I loved their characters, but Drew is so stand up and good that you can't help but root for them. My only criticism is that Jules is a little too stubborn that it almost makes me doubt if her feelings for Drew match his for hers. It's not major but it's enough to knock it down a little from a 5 star review.

I received this one in my recent Bookworm Box subscription and it's another 4.5 star book from them. As expensive as the box is, their book selections have been on point. I can't remember a book I've received that I haven't loved.

   

No comments: