Monday, April 30, 2018

Book Review: Cooper

I'm trying to get through my series' on my book shelf but I'm doing it so slowly. Hopefully I can pick up the pace a bit, I have one left in this series and I can already feel that it's going to be massive.

Cooper - Harper Sloan

Do you take me seriously? Because I don’t. I use my jokes and easygoing personality to hide the pain I’ve felt since he took his last breath. I’m adrift without my partner in crime, my best friend…my brother. I can taste the vengeance just within my grasp. 


Until she barges into my life. Promising me happiness and a peace I’ve been craving for years. She is the sun to my darkness, the happy to my despair. 



But she holds secrets. Just like I do. She holds hers close, where I just pray mine don’t rock the walls we’re trying to build. 



Now I’m stuck at a crossroads between my desire for revenge and my craving for her and the life we could have together—and I have no idea which road I should travel. 



All I know with crystal clear certainty is that the past has the power to destroy it all. 

I know I've said that you don't need to read the other books to understand the current one, but I lied. The more I read these the more I feel like you do need to read the series, especially if this one. Asher Cooper comes into the fold because his brother is essentially murdered trying to protect one of their own. Asher is grieving in a self destructive way, and Chelcie is there to pick up the pieces.. or take the brunt of his grief.

Once Asher gets over himself, and learns Chelcie is pregnant with his brother's oopsie baby, he's determined to crawl out of this hole he's put himself in. He is trying to seek revenge for his brother's death not realizing that it could take him away from Chelcie and the baby forever.

I won't lie, I really liked this book. I like all of these leading men in the series so far and this book was no exception. The best part? Is there is a MAJOR twist in plot towards the end of this one, I thought for sure it was going to end differently and bam- we've got a surprise. I can tell this is Harper Sloan's earlier work because her newer books have a more refined feel to them but these are really good and I recommend this series if you're looking for fast reads with hot guys.

   

No comments: