Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Book Review: The Line

I bought two more of Amie Knight's books after I read See-Through Heart and this is one of them. I'm so glad I've discovered her as an author!

The Line - Amie Knight

I was a thief. 
The invisible girl only he could see. 
The woman who wanted to be more. 

He was the mark. 
The extraordinary cowboy who stole my sixteen-year-old heart. 
The damaged man who still owned it, even four years later.

The Line was where we began.
Where fates collided. 
Where truths derailed.
The place where our love story ends.

I'm going to start by telling you this book? All the feels. I finished this in one sitting because it was just that damn good. I am such a fan of Amie Knight after two books out of the ball park, I highly recommend her books.

In this book we have Everly, an abandoned baby turned homeless teen, doing everything she has to in order to get by. One fateful evening she bumps into a cowboy on a train and she falls in love. It's not meant to be because they are from different worlds, but neither of them forget each other. Fast forward four years and Everly has come to work a summer job on a peach farm but she has no idea that the head farmer?

The cowboy. Who isn't a boy anymore, he's a man now. Mmm-hmm.

They get off to a rocky start because while he never forgot her, not just because of her beauty but because she stole his wallet. He's fresh from a broken heart so he isn't ready for the feelings he's developing with Everly.

I won't go too much into it but I'm going to tell you I loved it. I loved Everly's sass and her tenacious attitude. Though it got a little dicey towards the end when we have some major plot turns, I appreciate that the epilogue that takes place ten years later shows us what an ending they all have. I flew through it in one sitting and I think you will, too. Excellent book, another hit for Amie Knight.
   

No comments: