Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer Bucket List: Vista Fleet

A week or two ago I post our Summer Bucket List and I feel like I have things fairly spaced out, but a lot of things are weather dependent and the weather around here is really crappy right now. It's rainy and cold most every day so when I planned out our cruise date I looked ahead and picked a hot day, knowing that the weather on Lake Superior is cooler once you're on the lake (by a lot). But of course, the day of our cruise it was rainy, cold, and ridiculously windy. Pretty much the worst day to go on a cruise. 

But, reserved and paid tickets don't care about the weather so off we went. And I'm telling you right now, I have never been sea sick in my life but I came so close on this night!
 Penelope was super excited to ride on a big boat, it was her first time, and she was fascinated by the entire process of boarding and looking out of the window. 
 Olivia and Jackson have been on the cruise plenty of times but they are always interested in learning new things. 
 It was Lucy's first ride, too and she was having a GREAT time. 
 This is such a great shot of our Aerial Lift Bridge and I always love looking at it. 

Anyways. So this was the Vista Fleet Family Fun Cruise so it was all you can eat pizza and then build your own sundae bar. The price of the tickets were kind of steep (our family of six cost about $142) but if we had gone out to eat and done a cruise on the same day it would have been about the same price so I figured it was worth it. And it was. They had a coloring station, a face painting station, hula hooping, a limbo contest, the tour of the harbor and then of course the food. It kept all of my kids (age 12, 10, 3, and almost 2) entertained for the hour and a half and they had a good space of time between pizza and the sundae so we weren't hanging out with nothing to do for the last 45 minutes. 
 Lucy didn't want her face painted so she settled for a flower on her hand. 
Penelope wanted the same thing but didn't want to smile for the camera. 

This would have been great to do on a much warmer day so we could sit outside but we still had a good time. The crew they had working with the kids were really great and friendly and there was more than enough food for everyone, so that was nice. At least we felt like we got our money's worth. It was a nice thing to do to end our weekend, I'd recommend it for families with little kids, they'll keep them entertained. 

Bucket list item complete!

2 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! I think my nieces and nephew would love it - 7, 5, and 2. I like the sound of all you can eat pizza and a make your own sundae bar. Sorry you felt a bit sea sick - and the weather wasn't great - but I'm glad all the kids liked it.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Julie H said...

Cool! The little ones look so much alike I have to see who is who now.