Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Weight Loss Challenge ep8 (vlog where I learn something new about my junker of a body)


So yeah, that's the vlog for this week. In case you wanted to know which workout I was talking about on Beachbody, it was the 10 Minute Trainer Workout.

As I said in the vlog, I learned this week that secondary adrenal insufficiency and hypopituitarism means I have to exercise differently than say.... a normal person. I have to increase my steroids so my body doesn't go into adrenal fatigue or worse, adrenal crisis. So I'm learning VERY slowly how to read the cues from my body. But the good news from this is that at least me being completely exhausted doesn't mean I'm a total lazy ass or I'm THAT much out of shape, it just means my body doesn't recover like a normal body would. Which.. I think I can work with that. I mean, I'm trying. So this week I'm going to try to do two workouts and increase my steroids on those days and see if I notice any kind of difference. Maybe play around and see if I should take it before or after to see the most difference.

How are you doing on your challenge? Oh! The other surprise? Is I'm finding I have almost no appetite. Even when I do eat it quickly become unappealing and I don't want to eat anymore. So calorie wise I suppose I'm doing really well. I haven't even binged on Christmas cookies. Even my favorites. Unheard of.

BUT- pants are still tight and I'm not noticing any kind of difference anywhere so I guess we continue.

3 comments:

mypixieblog said...

I think you’re right to acknowledge that everyone faces different challenges and what might work for some, won’t have the same effect on others. It’s wonderful that you are learning what does and doesn’t work for your body!! And kudos for not binging on Christmas cookies like I’ve been doing this holiday season 🤣 seriously I need to make it stop, and also challenge myself the way you clearly are this season!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I'm glad you have figured out how to work with the challenges your body presents you with, like you said, you can still do it, you just had to make the necessary adjustments. You are doing awesome!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Man, I could use a smaller appetite right now. I am not doing so well with all these holiday foods around me, but I'm going to really try and focus on eating less/better - I AM in a wedding at the end of the month. I need to get it together. LOL You know, I just found out that I have some sort of weird adrenal disorder that doesn't make much sense to me but being tired all the freaking time is one of my many, crazy symptoms...and they are going to put me on a low dose of a steroid and see what happens. So yeah, should be interesting, right? LOL

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net