Monday, December 31, 2018

Weight Loss Challenge, week 8

I won't have a video for today because I'm in hot mess mode but also because I'm cleaning my house and doing the big clean/purge as you do after Christmas. Lots of stuff are going and yet... I feel like nothing is really going. Does that make sense? I don't know. 

Well this week I'm up from December 1. 
Which is depressing. BUT I'm still down from my start which was 211 so it's not much but it's something. 

I've been doing my 10 minute workouts when I can squeeze them in. Admittedly, there wasn't much this last week because Christmas took over our lives, but I'll tell you that I worked my rear off. Not literally, clearly, but I went to bed every night beyond exhausted. 

This week I'm really working at moving furniture (trying) and cleaning out every possible place that holds stuff we don't need. I'm also going to do the 10 minute workouts still because I'm actually really liking them. I really don't like the guy who leads it because he's the over confident jerk you'd find at the gym, but it's only for 10 minutes so I can do that. 

My diet is going to get better now. I admittedly ate a lot of cookies. I can't help I baked some good ones this year. I got a LOT of candy for Christmas so I'm really pacing myself. I've been reading about a 16-8 Intermittent Fasting discipline.  I'm kind of already doing it without knowing it. I don't eat beyond 7 p.m. and I don't eat again until 1 p.m. when the girls go for nap. I almost never have breakfast or a morning snack. So why this weight isn't pouring off, I DON'T KNOW. But I'm going to finish my Pepsi in the fridge (3 cans) and I am going to quit soda. That's going to be tough because having a can at lunch is kind of my indulgence. But I'm going to quit and see what happens. I've been eating salads for lunch and adding nuts to it for more crunch, but I might find some other add-ins. I got the OK from my doctors but they were a firm no on Keto. Which is OK because I don't know that I would survive on that. HA! I do need to cut my carbs down a bit and that's going to be tough. It turns out I am living on carbs so that's going to be interesting. 

How did you do in December overall? How about this week? I give you a pass for falling off the wagon, Christmas made us do it. But get back on. We're going to do this in 2019. 

No comments: