Monday, March 12, 2018

36: It's where I'm at.

So over the weekend I celebrated my 36 birthday and it was pretty alright. The big kids went with my inlaws to the Twin Cities area to be tourists and do fun stuff so they weren't around to help me eat cake. 

Which works out because I don't like sharing my cake. 

But I got presents! I got some really cool presents this year! 
 My friend Penny got me the socks I wanted! There is almost nothing better than new socks and I have eight days of new sock cushy goodness. It was pretty great to get that fun package in the mail. 
 My friend Tammy took me out for dinner for some pizza and got me these gems. A fun mug for my cocoa, an Alice in Wonderland silk scarf, a fun saying for my bookshelf, chocolate, and a travel perfume (not shown) for my purse! She always gets me the best stuff. 
 Matt got me a Silhouette Cameo 3, which I apparently asked for but I have no memory of that. I'm not totally sure what I will do with it but it looks fun!
My parents got me a bike!!!! It's not this exact one, but pretty close. Instead of tan mine is more creamy white, and I have a basket, cup holder for my water bottle, a phone holder, and the back has a little bag to hold stuff in it. I'm so excited about this because I've wanted a bike for awhile I just never could justify spending the money to get one. My mom always knows exactly what to get me and thankfully my dad was home last weekend to go buy it and get it to our house. It's been in my garage for a week and I had no idea! 
My inlaw's got me an insulated water bottle and a gift card to Kohl's to get some new clothes, which I'm going to use with the $40 Kohl's cash I have and my coupon! I love, love, love gift cards.
 My friend Andrea got me a water bottle (smart because now I can rotate them), more socks (!!!), and the arm band for my phone I want/needed, and a Dory Funko Pop! character for my shelf. She sits proudly right next to my books for review.

Earlier in the day I had to go get a head shot done, which is so weird to say, for the Duluth Moms Blog. I'll be a contributing writer over there and I'll get you links and all of that once things start moving.
But I had to do my hair AND makeup and you guys, I used bronzer. It's a big deal and I'm a little orangey but I did manage to not look like Tara Reid fresh out of the fake tan bed.

It was a fun experience and I got to meet the other new writers, and it's so exciting. I did it on a whim and because people tagged me in it no less than 20 times in their "Calling All Writers" post and now I feel kind of sick, like I won't be able to come up with stuff to write about. But it is only a once a month article commitment so I should be fine.

I'll totally be fine and not nervous at all. 

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Happy Birthday - again! It looks like you got some amazing gifts. I love that bike. OMG! I'd love to have a bike, but then again there isn't really that many places to ride it around where I live, but still. It's so cute! :)

Congrats on being a contributing writer! That's so exciting - and you can totally do it!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net